[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
TwinCitiesRailfan.com • View topic - AC4400's on the BN
TwinCitiesRailfan.com
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AC4400's on the BN
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:03 pm 

I have resently started a roster list for the BNSF, just stuff I see that comes through town. up to 40 by know with no repeats and only 3 weeks old. :o

well today I heard a north bound on the scanner, cruised into town and caught some coal loads heading north with an ES44AC in swoosh paint as DPU, got ahead of them expecting to find what looked like the typical dash-9, only to find an AC4400 on point. :)

First ES44AC, AND my first AC4400 on the same train.

My question is, how many AC4400 does the BN own???? I don't think I have ever seen one, but I know it was one cuz it was right there on the side of the engine. anyone know???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:05 pm 

We should compare notes some time, I have a list of going for the BNSF, CP/SOO and UP, my book is getting very thick. I have been known to travel afar to find some of the older unit's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:21 pm 

According to the site I use BNSF has 118 AC4400s from 5600 to 5717 and another 3 listed as 5838 to 5840. This list says it been updated in February 06.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:43 pm 

I have # 5639 so its the 40th one I take it.

Can you post a link to the list or is it a file you have, I would be interested.

MRM so far I only have a BN list, total of 42 units. I rarely catch a UP or CP train, maybe one a week, so I have not started a list yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:21 pm 

Here's the link I use almost exclusivley as it has proven to be pretty accurate and it is updated often.
http://www.thedieselshop.us/MPR.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:23 pm 
Site Admin

The numbers here seem right from what I have read in the past few years. They are pretty hard to come by up here, since they are assigned to Lincoln, NE for servicing. (Correct me if I am wrong) Originally they were designated for coal service as DPUs.

Del Grosso's book lists 5600-5717, 5838-5840 as the AC4400s; 5718-5747 are AC4400EV.

My pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:48 pm 

Thanks for the link I will prolly use it alot.

also caught 10 more units today in a 2 hour stretch. 2 of them I saw going north on friday so only got to add 8 to the list.

M.R.M. I have mine on a spreadsheet file. I could prolly email it to you if you wanted to look at it some time. hopefully I will get down to Northtown SOON so I can get awhole lot more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:52 pm 

I caught a BNSF AC4400CW with two red and silver SD75Ms on a loaded COLX coal train today, so they do find there way up here.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:54 pm 

no Oakway units on that train? The 75M's are part of the super fleet. If they where numbered between 8200-8250 they are former ATSF units 200-250 (same number just minus the 8) and most remtain their warbonnet paint scheme. The remaining 75M's are former BN units that retained there number 8251-8300. non the less great power even for today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:03 pm 

Warbonnets are also super rare on the hinckley Sub, I think I have seen a few, 3-5 maybe, as far back as I can remember.

Cross the fingers and hope....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:37 pm 

keep an eye out, you will get one soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:49 pm 

when and where did you see it???? most stuff that goes north come back south but every now and then it head west.

was it on point or a follower???? got a number so I can listen on the scanner????