[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
TwinCitiesRailfan.com • View topic - Not really TCR gripe
TwinCitiesRailfan.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Not really TCR gripe
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:28 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:04 pm 

I can say that my rejection rate has actually gotten a little better, but I have stopped submitting any photo that is even questionable. If there's not full sunshine with a nice blue sky background I don't even bother. If the photo is of something very unusual then they might let it through.

Even though I liked Alec's pics of the WC I probably would not have submitted because the light is questionable by their standards. I also agree that they probably don't know that a lashup with all WC is getting to be a very rare site. You can submitt a note to the screeners now and sometimes that helps.

I don't always agree with the standards they put out, I mean trains run rain or shine, cloudy or sunny, night and day,why shouldn't we see them in all conditions, but I will also say that I have become a much better photographer because of them, so I take the good with the bad I guess.

Well that's my two cents worth on RP.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:05 pm 

Ya, i agree. The latest 2 pics i submitted ( Search for WC 6904 and you'll see 2 by me ) I was full knowing, that unless they found some reason in their a**, they would be accepted. Lately, like you said, Ive been really keeping down the "well maybe this one will get in". Still trying for a 2nd page!

Alec

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:24 pm 

Those are two nice shots Alec.
Again by RP.net standards.......you have sun on the nose and that nice blue sky for the background.

I haven't had a lot of snow shots this year so maybe that's whay I haven't experienced that overexposure issue like railtalk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:49 am 
Site Admin

Ugghh, snow can be a bugger to get equal and reasonable exposure. I generally have to appeal my snow shots for "over exposed" rejections. But excessive sunshine hasn't been much of a problem this winter.

Alec, the trio of WC units could do with some lightening in an editor. Make sure it doesn't get too soft. Do include a note detailing your changes! I would hate to see you banned before you reach a 2nd page (or beyond page 2).

I agree with Xrayguy, as one puts more photos under one's belt (at RP.net), you loose the "every picture has to make it" feeling.

My pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:58 am 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:26 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:32 pm 

Thanks Guys. Well, i submitted 3 other good shots today ( i caught the 3 MNNR units, Aaron has pics of the same lashup ) and I have a BIG wait before they get screened. Ya Aaron, I was thinking of trying to lighten the noses on them, but im not a magician in PSP, so im not sure how good i would do. All i really do is resize, color filter (which gives me a sort of Sephia tone on some of my pics, and i like it ) crop, and sharpen. Here are my filtered pics. Its a little hard to tell, but it takes away the bluish tint to things.

http://wctransfer.rrpicturearchives.net ... ?id=256389
http://wctransfer.rrpicturearchives.net ... ?id=258130

Alec

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:48 pm 

Looks like it got accepted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:49 am 

Lol, yep and i finally got them to take my 6904 pic too. Now for the CP one. Ill fix that one when i get home.

Alec

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:51 am 

Check out this "photo" and let me know what you think.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=137071

Pic or painting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:01 pm 

The more I looked at it the more it looked like a painting.... I started doing some research and found this guys stuff...

http://daviddudley.fotopic.net/

There was a photo event there on May 13th, 2005 but check this out, same shot....

http://daviddudley.fotopic.net/p14983773.html

And this looks like the same two guys in the RP.net picture...

http://daviddudley.fotopic.net/p14983783.html

So.... I don't know... Looks like it would be a cool place to visit some day.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

Alright guys (there are no women here),

We can suggest/discuss great photos found at RP.net in these forums. And, on a limited basis, your difficulties getting a photos submitted.

Lets leave the griping and questioning authenticity of photographs with their site. Better yet, email/IM the admins. They are very receptive to concerns such as this. I know from personal experience.

Just so I am clear: I am not accusing anyone of this. I am just being proactive in stating my expectation. I have seen other railroad related forums flame up regarding RP.net.

Thank you guys for making this forum a great resource. And for the record, I would bet that the photographer is a pro with lens filters and stuff.

My pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:18 pm 

It was taken with an EOS 1Ds Mark-II. Don't those cost upwards of $7000?

Oh, I just noticed there are 1000+ posts on the forum. Well done, everyone.