[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
TwinCitiesRailfan.com • View topic - CP Shoreham Question
TwinCitiesRailfan.com
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CP Shoreham Question
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:37 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

Xrayguy and I independently concluded the same thing: that this is training for newbies.

My pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:09 pm 

I dont remember the number but that is exactly what it is for, the guy that usualy runs it for training is one of the nicest enginers on the CP.

it is a convered GP9, used to be a high hood, but no more.

I prolly got on and off that thing 50 times when I was training there.

the house job almost always has two MP's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:41 pm 

Ok, that makes sense.

While I'm at it, why does the CP come down to the BNSF's Grove yard to switch? I've caught them once down there, and I've seen photos from Aaron of trains down there as well. Seems odd that the BNSF wouldn't switch what ever it is that is switched down there.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:33 pm 

I realy dont know why the CP does it and the BN does not. prolly that CP bid the job for cheaper then the BN. or maybe the cars go somewhere that the BN doesnt so they jut switch it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:23 am 
Site Admin

And they do the elevator across from the BNSF Radio Shop on California St.

I bet it is price.

My pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:45 pm 

where is this at???? I dont recall any elevator in that area.

The only ones I can think of that we had to come across the river was the grove yard mentioned above and malt one right next to shoreham.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

I swear it is a short grain place elevator, but not being 100% sure I bet I am wrong. It may just be a warehouse. The tracks go pretty far back.

My pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:10 pm 

When I had caught it, the small train came down to that elevator with the ugly green on it, dropped it's two boxcars, and ran around the train. I'm not sure what they did after that, because I had left to go catch a CP ES44AC. There are covered hoppers on the spur to that elevator now and then, but I'm not sure who switches those.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:13 pm 

The Agricore United Co-op grain mill is located at 3110 California St, this is the one mentiond before across from the radio shop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:06 pm 

That is all correct. The GP9 is sitting in what is called the B yard. It seems to be usually an 82 series GP9 .. pride of the fleet (ha...ha.....ha) The house job eninges park up behind the round house. We also do go down to the grove to switch out two industries.. but i was unaware this is bn trackage? they have no connection to where we go. We use a hand throw of the main to get down there. Also malt one is swtiched by the 1430 humboldt switch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:18 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:27 pm 

If i'm thinking of the right spot.. there are tracks off the BN and the one that come of our main.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:33 pm 
Site Admin

Will, the main you are talking about comes off the tracks which go over NTW, right? What is that line called (if it has a name).

My pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:44 pm 

NTW? Sorry guys im really unfamiliar with this area except for the times i have worked there.....