[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
TwinCitiesRailfan.com • View topic - Reroutes
TwinCitiesRailfan.com
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reroutes
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:51 pm 

Starting tomorow CP will start re routing traffic onto the withrow/st. paul subs due the BN shutting down the midway and st. paul subs for 16 hours a day. There will be a pusher on duty at shoreham to help the train up the hill at shoreham towards new brighton. Should be a very interesting opertunity. There will also be a switch tender on duty at Soo line Jct.

This is all i know.. it may not be all correct.. i belive on sunday they may be sending some trains up the meriam park.. but not on monday and tuesday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:07 pm 

Thanks for the Update Will I've been wanting to railfan that area for quite a while but lack of trains has kinda prevented me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:47 pm 

Yea the best way to get a heads up would be listening on 84 for them to call for Warrents or to get permision on the pass at cardigan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:15 pm 

I caught two trains using the reroute today. I'm working on the PICS and will post later. Also have some PICS of the reason why all the reroutes. Lots of track work at University Ave by the BNSF. All traffic is relegated to one main through that area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:35 pm 

Here's the photos of the reroute plus a few other I shot today. Picture captions tell the story.

Hope you enjoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:08 pm 

Caught both of the trains that Xray did, but the 292 kinda rushed up on me, so I didnt get the best shots. Heres the 2 AC44s though,
http://wctransfer.rrpicturearchives.net ... ?id=541709

Alec

P.S. Will do you know if they will still be running trains on the line after 3pm tomarrow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:07 pm 

Yea i belive so. It was my understanding that it was only reouted on a 16 hour basis for three days. I would think it would be somthing like 0500-2100. But who knows. Im just a hostler now - so i'm out of the loop for all that road stuff.

I gotta go back to the road next month though.. this hostling gets old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:44 am 
Site Admin

X, meeting St. Paul's Finest huh? What was that all about?

My pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:48 am 

Well it's a story about not paying attention to the details.
Seems I don't have a license plate on the front of the Chevy. I knew this of course and carry the plate in the front seat with me. The truck came from Arizona with my wife in 2000 and they don't require a front plate. Since she arrived I've been meaning to put a bracket on the bumper and mount that plate, I guess the inevitable finally happend. I showed him the plate and he seemed OK with that, then asked for my proof of insurance. Feeling very good about this request I whipped it out of my wallet and handed it over. He says "OK Hang on" and goes back to his squad.
Mean while the train I have been chasing and trying to catch at Soo Line Jct goes rolling past, oppurtunity now gone for that location.
Officer X comes back and says this card expired October the 18th and seeing as this is October 22nd your in violation. Issue one citation!!
After arriving home yesterday I see the current card sitting in the spot I put it so as not to FORGET to put it in my wallet. Getting old is a terrible thing :shock:
At least the fix for the no proof is an easy one and it will not reflect as a moving violation. I have no complaints with St. Pauls Finest as he was just doing his job and I must admitt he was very pleasent about it.
Like I said at the top.............The Moral of the story is "Pay attention to the details"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:14 pm 

updated observations from today, track work is still in progress at MP 8.5 however the work on the switch's in the University plant are done and the CP has sent several trains out of Shoreham at University. Both 496 and 198 departed on the St. Paul sub this afternoon and 291 came in off the Midway sub, anyway progress is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:45 pm 

Seems like everybody saw the CP train with the two red barns. I caught him at Central Ave at about 9:30 AM. The sound was so nice and the best part was that they used Soo 6022 as a helper! I am so happy I recorded it, I can watch it anytime I want too! Was really a sight when the two AC44s came by about 30 minutes later too!

X ray, did you see the helper on him? He didn't cut the helper off on the hill.

Thanks,
Douglas H
New Brighton, MN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:53 pm 

Well I wonder where he did, the helper wasnt on the train at New Brighton.
And since X was at Cardigan, there would be no chance of him seeing it either...

Alec

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:56 pm 

The helper may have still been on the train at Cardigan as I moved quickly to get down to Soo Junction, but I can say for sure that it was not on when it made it that far.